Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Going Away Party

This past weekend, my sister and brother-in-law hosted a going-away party for me. We had a wonderful time and I was happy that so many of my family and friends could be there... the only thing that would have made it even better was if Matt could have been there, too!

My sister ordered this tasty cake for me from the Jewel. Everyone loved it. The funny thing was that when we picked it up, the cake said "Good luck in California, Nancie." Luckily, they agreed to fix it. Even funnier, though, is that when my sister called to place the order, the woman on the phone kept calling her Gloria instead of Lori! (I guess that was the first sign that my name might not turn out right, either.)

The cake tasted just as wonderful as it looks!

And here is just one picture of some of my family who were at the event. We took this photo towards the end of the day, so some people had already left.

From the left: Mark, my brother-in-law, my sister, Lori, my dad, my mom, me, my Auntie Barbara, and my Grandma. Maddie (Lori and Mark's yellow lab puppy) is in front.

Thank you to Lori and Mark for hosting the party and to my parents for helping with it... and thank you to everyone who was able to come! Getting closer to the big move is kind of bittersweet... although I am sad to be leaving everyone that I love here, I cannot wait to see Matt again and get started on our lives in California!

More soon!

Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home