Beam Me Up, Scotty!
I hadn't had my nails done (for those of you who are unaware, I was a horrible nail biter until I started getting acrylics done routinely before beginning my academic job interviews) since moving to Irvine, and one popped off this morning as I was opening a box of cereal. I took that as my cue to schedule an appointment, considering that I have a meeting with another faculty member tomorrow morning and would look a bit disheveled with only nine nails.
Extra-terrestrial or faculty member? You decide!
Before getting started at the salon, I chose a bottle of polish that looked to be something of a light purple. When the person doing my nails put on the second coat, however, I realized that the color was not, in fact, as pretty as I had hoped. Instead, I had chosen silver polish... and it was not pretty....
After paying the bill (getting your nails done in Irvine is actually cheaper than it is in Ann Arbor!) I realized that my students might have trouble respecting a junior faculty member with silver nails. Matt and I then made a quick trip to the Rite Aid to get some new polish and remover... and in the end, I have painted nails that are a much more appropriate shade of pink. I took a photo, but it ended up blurry... and those of you who know my "tendencies" will understand that I cannot put a blurry photograph up on the blog (Matt says that no one knows those tendencies better than him... but he knows he loves them).
And, as a bit of a teaser, wait to find out what my personalized license plate is going to say! Matt and I have been having some issues getting our registration done, given that we have to get smog checks on our vehicles (even on my Cobalt, which is less than two years old... and yes, these smog checks cost over fifty dollars, plus all of the other registration fees!). If I can get the personalized plate I want, I will do it... and if it doesn't work out, I will still let you know what I was planning on choosing.
I wish you all a wonderful end of the week!
Angie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home