Saturday, September 27, 2008

Matt's Birthday

Tomorrow is Matt's 32nd birthday, and because I am the Queen of Impatience, we celebrated (mostly) tonight... with a bit of celebration last weekend (his first birthday dinner)... and a card to be delivered by me tomorrow.

We started tonight by going to an Indian restaurant in the area for dinner, which was fun for us although the food was far from authentic (totally different from what we're used to getting in Ann Arbor and Raleigh). We came home and went about making Matt a birthday banana bread... we both decided that we would never finish a cake, and a banana bread seemed like a logical choice, given Matt's love of all foods with bananas. We both made the bread together, which was really fun... and it turned out perfectly! (See, my skills are improving, Katy and Joanne!)

Before we even took a bite...

and after we had a taste.

And then Matt had to open his present from me. I had been thinking and thinking about what to get him, and then one morning, he said, "I would really like [this specific thing] one day." So, I got it for him!

I bet you have no idea what it is....

Matt is dying to find out!

And it is....

A ten-cup Bunn coffee maker!

Lucky for us, we have some Dunkin' Donuts coffee in our freezer (Matt's favorite)... but unfortunately I forgot to buy some coffee filters! We will have to make sure to get some tomorrow when we are out.

Although Matt will get my official card tomorrow, I just wanted to tell him on the blog that I love him very much and that I have very much enjoyed our first two weeks of living together... and that I look forward to many more years of happiness in our future. Happy 32nd birthday, sweetie!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ab said...

haha! Mike loves his Bunn too- I think if it comes to defending one of us in battle I'll be glad I can handle myself. seriously, he adores the thing.

November 10, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home