Saturday, October 4, 2008

Adventures in Ice Cream

After my first really busy week of teaching, Matt and I went out for lunch today and spent part of the afternoon walking around this outdoor mall area called Fashion Island. We saw this interesting place called Muttropolis and saw all of the wonderful things we want to get our little Franklin in a few years (our little Boston Terrier that I often dream of but who will not be purchased until after we get our house and our lives are a bit more settled). We also went through the Build A Bear Workshop, which was pretty crazy... the bears themselves are pretty cheap, but then the accessories, oh, the accessories! I can't wait until I have some little visitors out here so I can see someone get enjoyment out of building a wonderful teddy bear to take home! And yes, here in Cali, you can buy little boots resembling Uggs for your bear. It's true. And it's also true that we saw tons of little chihuahuas in their outerwear. Wow. That's all I have to say about that.

After our walking around, we saw this frozen yogurt place called Pinkberry. We chose to get our treat there over other places because (a) it was fro-yo instead of ice cream and (b) you could get fruit with it! Matt and I both ordered original fro-yo with bananas and blueberries. Mine was available before Matt's was done, and I took a bite of the yogurt and said, "Matt, it's sour! Something is not right with this frozen yogurt! It's weird... it tastes like something, but I don't know what!". Matt then got his yogurt and took a bite... and he figured out the mystery flavor: the frozen yogurt actually tasted like frozen store-bought yogurt (as if one had purchased some actual yogurt and froze it up). After identifying the flavor, the taste actually grew on us and we both enjoyed our Pinkberry very much. I highly recommend it. Unfortunately, you will only be able to go there if you live in California or New York. I checked. Sorry.

I hope you all are enjoying your wonderful weekends! I have to go work on my lecture now. See you!

Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home