Monday, July 6, 2009

A Trip to Sea World

Are you kidding me? We haven't updated this thing since I turned thirty? That's crazy -- I am well on my way to thirty-one now (thankfully, that was just a joke -- I am so not even half way there)! Actually, truth be told, I was shamed into updating this blog when I was reading the two recent updates posted by my friend Katy and noticed that our blog was most recently updated about three months ago. Ugh!

Things have been relatively busy, you know, around our house, so maybe I will use that as our excuse.... The news, in brief, is that we gave up on that condo that we were to close on at the end of June and we are now purchasing a two-story townhouse that will be ready for us at the beginning of August. The townhouse is literally right across the street from where we presently live, but is about twice the size of our little apartment. It even has a yard, which is almost unheard of in the University Hills neighborhood, so we feel fortunate about that. We are looking forward to getting a little Boston Terrier puppy soon as well. Although we thought we had her completely arranged, we are having some trouble with the breeder we had selected, so it might be back to the drawing board for us... but we do hope that she will join us shortly after I get back from China -- I have another two-week trip right around the corner at the end of August! I have to say that I am almost more excited about getting Lucy, our puppy, relative to getting the new townhouse, but it will be really nice to have something that is ours that has so much more space than our tiny apartment.

In other news, my parents came to visit us recently when we had our home inspection done. Since we didn't have any birthdays to celebrate this time around, we went to Sea World instead of Disneyland. Moving to California has been so great for me -- it's like I get to act out my childhood all over again by going to these fabulous places that I last visited over ten years ago! My dad took some wonderful pictures of all of the Shamus -- that's right, people, they call every killer whale at Sea Word Shamu, at least during the shows -- I guess that just makes it easier for the children (and maybe the adults, too!). Here are some pictures from our visit.
Shamu getting his exercise for the day.

Shamu laughing at everyone because he was cool while we were all roasting hot.

Matt petting the sting rays.

Now trust me... between those little guys and these little guys --

A Sea World sea lion.

I spent something like thirty bucks on those stinky little fishies you can buy to feed them. My mom actually had to tell me that I could not spend any more money on them before I could say no. Honestly, I was addicted. I thought we were going to have to have an intervention for me right then and there. Too bad I bought something like thirty little fishes and I fed about twenty-eight of them and Matt only got to feed about two of them -- and I had been to Sea World before, and he had not!

Alright, I wanted to include our Fourth of July adventure in this post as well, but it seems better for me to post this one now instead of waiting -- so here goes! I hope you enjoy reading about our exciting Sea World adventure -- I cannot wait to go back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home